STARNES: Starbucks Learned When You Go Woke, You Go Broke
The following is a transcript of Todd’s morning commentary, heard daily on hundreds of radio stations. Click here to join Todd’s private Facebook page for conservatives.
Hello American, I’m Todd Starnes. Stand by for news and commentary next.
Starbucks is shutting down a number of coffee houses across the nation and it has nothing to do with cash flow. It has everything to do with crime, the Wall Street Journal first reported.
“We read every incident report you file—it’s a lot,” wrote U.S. operations leads Debbie Stroud and Denise Nelson in a message to U.S. employees. “We cannot serve as partners if we don’t first feel safe at work.”
Sixteen Starbucks locations are closing — all in state with high crime rates and all in state controlled by Democrats.
Locations in California, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington State and Washington, D.C. are among those set to close, according to Business Insider.
- Santa Monica & Westmount, West Hollywood, California
- Hollywood & Western, Los Angeles, California
- 1st & Los Angeles (Doubletree), Los Angeles, California
- Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood, California
- Ocean Front Walk & Moss, Santa Monica, California
- 2nd & San Pedro, Los Angeles, California
- 10th & Chestnut, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 4th & Morrison, Portland, Oregon
- Gateway, Portland, Oregon
- 23rd & Jackson, Seattle, Washington
- Roosevelt Square, Seattle, Washington
- E. Olive Way, Seattle, Washington
- 505 Union Stn, Seattle, Washington
- Westlake Center, Seattle, Washington
- Hwy 99 & Airport Rd, Everett, Washington
- Union Station Train Concourse, Washington, DC
Starbucks says stores in those locations have faced a high volume of what they called “challenging incidents.”
In 2018 Starbucks made national headlines when two black men were denied use of a restroom because they had not purchased a cup of coffee.
The men were arrested after they refused to leave.
In response, Starbucks issued a policy allowing anyone to use its bathrooms.
In a matter of months – bathrooms were overrun by drug addicts. There were violent confrontations between customers and homeless people.
Long story short — Starbucks caved to the woke mob and suffered the consequences.
Remember the well known business proverb: When you go woke, you go broke.