Hundreds of Liberty University students spent their spring break spreading the gospel and helping those in need in the U.S. and around the world.
An LU Serve Now group went to Griffin, Georgia to help with the cleanup and repair of homes that were damaged in a devastating tornado that hit the community earlier this year.
Evangelist Franklin Graham, who is set to be the commencement speaker for the Class of 2023, posted a video of students assisting Samaritan’s Purse there.
“We wanted to come down and serve over our spring break. They’re all out here serving happily, giving up time with their friends or family, or relaxation on the beach to serve these people,” student Abigail Sanders stated.
Another student commented that she would rather be of service and be of help than go to the beach for Spring break.
“Even though these people are in the physical trenches of life, were able to meet them where they are at and point them to Jesus,” student Bo Repko stated.
Watch the full video here:
Want to be encouraged? Watch these @LibertyU students who would rather help others than have a vacation during #springbreak! Love it! pic.twitter.com/PFsvWlfWau— Franklin Graham (@Franklin_Graham) March 21, 2023
All LU-sponsored trips are coordinated by LU Send, Liberty’s central hub of support for all student group travel and study abroad.
“The last few years have been challenging when it comes to travel, particularly travel abroad, but I’m really grateful for the hard work the team at Liberty has done to stay committed to providing opportunities for students to see the world,” said Vice President of Spiritual Development Josh Rutledge. “I think there’s no better classroom than what is afforded on these kinds of trips. But more than that, I think it’s also a tremendous way to be reminded of the sheer scale of Jesus’ vision for His Church.”
Below are the 16 school-sponsored trips:
- Costa Rica – Lady Flames Soccer (March 10-18)
- Dominican Republic – Social Work (March 11-18)
- Ecuador – Psychology (March 9-19)
- Greece – College of Arts & Sciences (March 8-18)
- Ireland – School of Engineering (March 9-19)
- Israel and Morocco – School of Business (March 8-19)
- Italy – School of Divinity (March 9-19)
- Japan – School of Engineering (March 10-19)
- Jordan – School of Divinity (March 9-17)
- Kosovo – LU Send (CSER, March 11-19)
- Norway & Sweden – Counselor Education & Family Studies (March 13-23)
- Norway & Sweden – Family & Consumer Sciences, School of Communication & the Arts (March 9-18)
- Puerto Rico – Theatre Arts (March 9-18)
- Rwanda – Counselor Education & Family Studies (March 6-18)
- Spain – Allied Health Professions (March 8-19)
- Georgia, U.S. – LU Serve Now (March 12-19)