What does the price include?
The price includes all lodging, meals, conference fees and concert fees. If you are staying off-campus – your price includes all meals, conference fees and concert fees.
Where is The Cove? How do I get there?
Address: 1 Porters Cove Road; Asheville, NC 28805
– The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove is accessible from Interstate 40 on the east side of Asheville, NC at Exit 55 and from Highway 70 (Tunnel Road) on Porter’s Cove Road. You will be greeted at the Gatehouse and receive appropriate direction.
Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) – 20.5 miles to The Cove (approximately 30 minutes)
- We do not recommend that you schedule departing flights from AVL before 2:00 pm if you are able.
- If you are in need of special shuttle accommodations you may need to make those arrangements privately. Not all shuttle services will have ramps or lifts that are able to lift scooters or electric wheelchairs.
- Rental cars, taxi, and UBER services are available. We recommend you use Kayak.com to book your rental cars at AVL.
- If you are staying at a hotel “off-cove” property you will be responsible for your own transportation to / from your hotel.
- The Cove will not be providing any airport to property and back shuttles during the event.
Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) – 119 Miles (approximately 2 hours)
- Recommended transfer method: Rental Car
- Friday, November 11th: We do NOT recommend arriving at CLT any later than 2 pm on Friday, October 21, 2016
- Sunday, November 13th: We do NOT recommend departing CLT any earlier than 4 pm.
How many people will be able to attend the event?
We have a maximum capacity of 150 guests.
Can I drive my own car to the event?
Yes, there is ample parking at The Cove for any/all guests. Including those staying off property. One exception is that there will not be on-site parking available for campers that take up any more than two parking spots.
What do I do if I need an accessible room?
A very limited number of Wheelchair, disabled, and scooter accessible rooms are available upon request. Please note that these rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Will there be menu/food options for persons with food allergies, at all meals?
We will have options available for guests with dairy, peanut and/or gluten allergies. If you have additional dietary restrictions then we will encourage you to bring meal options with you.
Why can’t children attend?
The weekend is open to anyone 16 or older as of September 11, 2016. This is a strict rule that the Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove requires of all events taking place at their facility.
The reason for this is that they feel it is important to hold this rule in place so as to create a “spiritually reflective environment.”
Can I get a ticket to just ONE day of the event?
The Retreat is an all-inclusive event and will not have any single day tickets available.
Is there a specific dress code for the weekend?
Simple answer: Comfortable/Respectful casual. Jeans, Sweaters, T-shirts, Polo Shirts are fine. We do recommend that you bring some shoes to hike in… there are amazing forest walking trails for you to explore. Also watch weather forecasts as the event comes up and plan accordingly. Recommend a light jacket for cool mornings and evenings. Are there any materials that we should bring with us?
Bring whatever you want to use to take notes. We realize that most persons have their own special devotional notebooks or journals, so we encourage you to bring those – and your Bible!