WARNING: JOE BIDEN WANTS TO CRACK DOWN ON CONSERVATIVE NEWS AND CONTENT. Before you read, I want to strongly urge you to sign up for Todd’s free newsletter. It’s your only lifeline to conservative news and commentary. We can no longer rely on social media. Click here to subscribe.
At least 11 former Trump administration officials who were appointed to military service academy advisory boards have been told by the Biden Administration to either resign or be fired.
White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki on Wednesday afternoon confirmed the request had been made.
“The President’s objective is what any president’s objective is — to ensure you have nominees and people serving on these boards who are qualified to serve on them and who are aligned with your values. And so yes, that was an ask that was made,” Psaki told reporters at a White House briefing.
Among the board members are former Trump administration officials, including former senior counselor to the president Kellyanne Conway, former national security adviser H.R. McMaster, and former press secretary Sean Spicer. Spicer, who is currently a host on Newsmax, told CNN that he will respond to the request on his show on Wednesday.
Psaki added: “I will let others evaluate whether they think Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer and others were qualified, or not political, to serve on these boards, but the President’s qualification requirements are not your party registration, they are whether you’re qualified to serve and whether you’re aligned with the values of this administration.”
Russ Vought, another Trump official who was asked to resign tweeted on Wednesday that he is refusing to do so. He posted a photo of the letter he received from the White House. “No,” Vought wrote. “It’s a three year term.”
No. It’s a three year term. @WhiteHouse pic.twitter.com/c9pZOENNPR— Russ Vought (@russvought) September 8, 2021