“Stay-at-home” is beginning to sound more like “martial law” in our nation’s capital.
Mayor Muriel Bowser issued orders for citizens to remain in their homes until April 24th – except to perform essential activities.
“Our message remains the same: stay home,” said the Democrat overlord. “Staying at home is the best way to flatten the curve and protect yourself, your family, and our entire community from COVID-19. Many people want to know how they can help right now, and for most people this is how – by staying home.”
The essential activities include:
- Engage in essential activities, including obtaining medical care that cannot be provided through telehealth and obtaining food and essential household goods;
- Perform or access essential governmental functions;
- Work at essential businesses;
- Engage in essential travel; or
- Engage in allowable recreational activities, as defined by the Mayor’s Order.
Anyone who convicted of violating the order could be fined up to $5,000, spend 90 days in prison, or both.
“This is insane. Criminal penalties?” tweeted Mercedes Schlapp, President Trump’s former White House director of strategic communications and an adviser to his reelection campaign.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Social media is cracking down on Conservative content. Many of you have complained that you never see our content in your news feeds. There’s only one way to fight back — and that’s by subscribing to my FREE weekly newsletter. Click here.