FBI Raid Backfires on Democrats
The FBI raid on Mar-a-Lago is boosting support for former President Trump and Republicans heading into the November midterms, according to new polling data.
Trump highlighted the news on his Truth Social app:
“Republicans could win many additional seats, both in the House & Senate, because of the strong backlash over the raid at Mat-a-Lago,” Trump said.
“Polls are showing that some lost Republican territory over the last number of weeks has been more than made up with the unannounced Break In by the FBI, which should never have happened!” Trump added.
Trump shared a series of headlines backing up his post:
- “The Mar-a-Lago Wave — The FBI raid on Trump’s estate has increased the chances of a red wave in November”
- Turnout, Trump, and the Mar-a-Lago Raid Made for Big Upset in Connecticut
- Stuart Varney: If Trump’s Mar-a-Lago raid was designed to intimidate, it failed
- So FBI, why no raid of Hunter Biden’s house?!
- We can’t trust the FBI after its long history of political meddling
- Trump Raid Motivating 80 Percent of GOP to Vote Is Tip of ‘Voting Surge’
- 2022 Red Wave Was Losing Steam… Then Mar-a-Lago Raid Changed Everything for Voters
- FBI raid boosted MAGA voting fury
More than 80 percent of Republicans and more than 70 percent of Independents said it made them more motivated to vote in the 2022 election, the survey from the Trafalgar Group and Convention of States showed.
“Independent and Republican voters are united in their outrage about this unprecedented and tragic event in American history,” Mark Meckler, the president of the Convention of States, said.
“This gestapo-style injustice has created a voting surge that is so significant, the polling doesn’t even begin to reflect what is coming from grassroots voters in November,” Meckler added.