NBC Poll: Biden Hits New Low in Approval
Just 39% of Americans approve of the Biden’s job as president, compared with 40% in March.
The survey, taken May 5-7 and 9-10 among 1,000 adults, also found:
- 75% of Americans say the country is headed in the wrong direction, the fifth time in the poll’s 34-year history when the wrong-track number hit 75% or higher
- 60% of Americans say abortion should be either always legal (37%) or legal most of the time (23%)
- 63% oppose the Supreme Court overturning the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision establishing a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion
- 30% would support the Supreme Court overturning the decision
- 33% approve of Biden’s handling of the economy
- 41% approve of how Biden has handled the war between Russia and Ukraine and 59% approve of his handling of the coronavirus pandemic
- 65% of adults say their family’s income is falling behind the cost of living
- 46% of registered voters say they want Republicans to control Congress, and an equal 46% want Democrats in charge
“It is a flashing red light when you see a number like this,” Republican pollster Bill McInturff of Public Opinion Strategies, who conducted this survey with Democratic pollster Jeff Horwitt of Hart Research Associates, said of the wrong-track number. Continue reading at Newsmax.