THE FIRST HOUR OF THE TODD STARNES SHOW
12:05pm- Grinch! Don Lemon took issue with President Trump’s pledge to fight the “assault” on Christmas by “saying Merry Christmas again.” The “CNN Tonight” host accused the president’s remarks on Christmas of being laden with covert racist appeals to his base. Lemon questioned the basis behind President Trump’s “war on Christmas rhetoric,” noting that Barack and Michelle Obama often used the phrase “Merry Christmas” themselves. “So let’s remember President Trump isn’t the only president who says merry Christmas, President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama said it many, many times,” Lemon said. After playing clips of the former president wishing Americans a “Merry Christmas,” Lemon and his guests asserted that President Trump’s emphasis on Christmas is a “dog whistle” meant to energize his supporters. “This is a line that we have heard from Donald Trump many, many — so why does he continue?” Lemon asked. “This is a dog whistle to the base because no one ever stopped saying Merry Christmas.” Your friendly radio host did not take too kindly to that…He responded last night on Hannity!
12:30pm- Racism? Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee said she was an “easy target” and alleged racism may be behind accusations she received preferential treatment on a United Airlines flight last week. The Texas congresswoman sent a series of Tweets on Tuesday reposting her statement about the Dec. 18 incident, in which she said she and a flight attendant, both African Americans, were “seemingly an easy target.” She originally released the statement Friday on Facebook. “Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice,” Jackson Lee wrote on Twitter. “This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people. “The controversy erupted after passenger Jean-Marie Simon was informed by a gate attendant that her ticket was not in the system while she was attempting to board a flight bound for Washington D.C. After denying that she canceled her flight, the airline gave her a $500 voucher and reseated her in the Economy Plus section in row 11.
12:50pm- NBC to Staff: Rat Out Misbehaving Colleagues or Be Fired
THE SECOND HOUR OF THE TODD STARNES SHOW
1:05pm- Breakout Star? 2017 has been a remarkable political year in many ways, as it must be with Donald Trump in the White House. One reason for this fact has been the emergence of Nikki Haley, former governor of South Carolina and current UN ambassador, as a rising Republican superstar. In fact a diverse number of people ranging from Professor Jonathon Adelman writing in the Huffington Post to Fox News analyst and author Ralph Peters touting her as the next president of the United States.
1:10pm Guest: Ben Evansky reports for Fox News on the United Nations and international affairs. He can be followed @BenEvansky
1:30pm- Latest on Muller!
- Congressman Louie Gohmert said he believes special counsel Robert Mueller is “out for a scalp,” and that he personally had that premonition when the former FBI director was appointed to the investigation into President Trump. “I have said since day one, since he was appointed, he’s bad news,” Gohmert (R-Texas) said. “He’s out for a scalp.” Gohmert said Mueller would “love to get Trump’s scalp” and become a “hero of the left.” He said Mueller’s determination will continue no matter how many associates in his investigation of the president are discredited or demoted.
- On Fox and Friends today, U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis again cast doubt on an oppo dossier against President Donald Trump, calling it “BS” and “fake news.” DeSantis was asked to respond to a report in the Washington Times, which asserted that the FBI cannot verify the dossier’s claims. “Think about where this dossier came from. It was not something that was generated by an intelligence agency. It was funded by the Democrats and Hillary Clinton through the Perkins Cole law firm to Fusion GPS,” DeSantis asserted.
- MSNBC’s Ari Melber goes off on Trump
1:50pm- MSM Claims Melania Trump Ordered 200 Year Old Tree Cut Down… Spoiler Alert: The Tree Was Dead, Dangerous And Falling Down… And They’re Replacing It, Calm Down
THE THIRD HOUR OF THE TODD STARNES SHOW
2:05pm – Queering The Bible? One of the nation’s most prestigious liberal arts colleges is advancing a “queer theology” agenda with hopes of destabilizing traditional beliefs about what the Bible says about gender and sexuality. Swarthmore College, founded by Quakers, is offering courses in “queering the Bible” and “queering God.” The courses were first reported by Campus Reform. “Queering the Bible” is a one-credit class that surveys “queer and trans readings of biblical texts.” “By reading the Bible with the methods of queer and trans theoretical approaches, this class destabilizes long held assumptions about what the Bible – and religion – says about gender and sexuality,” the course description reads. The school’s religion department is also teaching a class that questions the sexuality of the Almighty called, “Queering God: Feminist and Queer Theology.” “The God of the Bible and later Jewish and Christian literature is distinctively masculine, definitely male. Or is He?” the course description reads. “If we can point out places in traditional writings where God is nurturing, forgiving, and loving, does that mean that God is feminine, or female?” Key themes of that particular class include exploring the “tensions between feminist and queer theology” and examines “feminist and queer writings about God.”
2:20pm – Guest: Dr. Emir Caner, president of Truett McConnell University in Cleveland, Ga
2:30pm- Why Doesn’t Christine Listen to Todd Starnes?
- Shares of U.S. department stores jumped on Tuesday as Mastercard Inc said shoppers spent over $800 billion during the season, more than ever before, boosted by growing consumer confidence, rising employment and early discounts.
- Don’t like your holiday present? That’s a gift for FedExand UPS. The companies stand to gain as fickle shoppers — and hard-to-please loved ones — send items back to retailers and other vendors in droves. Consumers will return about $90 billion worth of goods this holiday season, estimates Optoro, a firm that specializes in the business of return shipments. That sum amounts to close to a quarter of the total value of goods returned each year, an amount that has been growing steadily as consumers shift their shopping online, according to Optoro.
- Christine talks Christmas with Little Meghan and why she should have listened to Todd the WHOLE month of December when he brought up the reason for the Season.
2:50pm- De Blasio Compares Himself To Ford, Edison, Gandhi