If you are a white, heterosexual, Evangelical Christian, male whose parents are still married and can afford to send you to summer camp – then you may be privileged, according to the West Bend School District in Wisconsin.
As many as 150 students at Badger Middle School were given an optional “privilege test.” The 55 questions covered a wide range of topics from sexuality and race to religion and economics.
Among the items on the questionnaire:
- I am white
- I have never tried to hide my sexuality
- I feel comfortable in the gender I was born in
- I have never been called a derogatory term for a homosexual
- I ever doubted my parents’ acceptance of my sexuality
- My parents are heterosexual
- My family can afford a therapist
- I have never been called a terrorist
- Nobody has tried to “save me” from my religious beliefs
- I feel privileged because of the identities I was born with
- I have never been mocked for my accent
- I have never been told that I “sound white”
- I am a man
- I went to summer camp
- I have never been catcalled
The school district said teachers wanted to spark a conversation on privilege after reading “To Kill a Mockingbird.”
“If we want our students to be successful when they go out into their careers in the future, they have to understand that not everyone is like them,” Asst. Supt. Laura Jackson said.
However, parents who contacted Fox 6 in Milwaukee say the school crossed the line.
“As a parent, it’s my responsibility to teach my children the difference between right and wrong,” parent Kim Goldman told the television station.
The school district plans on addressing the issue at a meeting later this week.
“Some of the language in the questionnaire I can see why, as a part of a 13, 14-year-old eighth grader, some people may feel as though those are topics that should be discussed in the home and not the classroom,” principal Dave Uelman told the television station.
But in reality, there’s no such thing as privilege – it’s a left-wing fallacy.
The truth is that if a young person works hard and takes personal responsibility for their actions, they can be anything they want and they can do anything they want in life.
The “privilege test” is a classic example of a public school that has been turned into an indoctrination center for the Left. They want the children to believe there’s something wrong with white, heterosexual, middle class Christians.
That’s not privilege – that’s discrimination.